Thursday, April 1, 2010

Music I Love: Monica and Erykah Badu


So Monica's much anticipated album, "Still Standing" hit stores last week and I boy oh boy did I have a hard time finding it. 3 chain stores, 3 days, and 2 cities later I finally found it on my lunch break at my local Target. And it was well worth the wait and well worth the money! I think I have been in musical heaven for the past two weeks because my two favorite artist, who I've been of fan of both for the past 15 years made a comeback.


Favorite Track: #7 Here I Am
.
.
.This past Tuesday, E. Badu's album, New Amerykah Part 2: Return of the Ankh was released and I picked that one up today and its already in heavy rotation. Im in love with the entire album, which I would describe as one big love song. You can definitely tell that she's in love with her music, lover, and her babies ;-)
..
.
Favorite Track: #11 Out My Mind, Just In Time
.
.

Very reminiscent of "Green Eyes" from the Mama's Gun album. Plus 10 minutes long but heartfelt and real. Great music for everyday and a roadtrip. Go check them out and show them some love =) Plus the album is on sale at Target for $9.99 until Sunday, so go get your album!

No comments:

Post a Comment