Saturday, January 22, 2011

ME: Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Its Satuday and I spent much of the day in the house...bored...tired...YouTubing. Can't remember what I was searching for but I ended up on Pineapple Upside Down Cake videos. **SN**When Im hungry I will look at cooking and baking shows instead of actually getting up to cook, I know its lazy, and illogical**End SN** but I think that's what led me to spending close to an hour watching those vids. One after another, even more delicious than the next, they had me dreaming about of all things Pineapple Upside Down Cake, which isn't my favorite cake but it brings back memories of my grandmother making them and having them served up at family get togethers. Yes, my family uses food to celebrate EVERYTHING! So most of my childhood memories kinda circle around food. So after dreaming about this cake all day,I finally left the house! To get some pineapples LOL...to make "the cake" I had been dreaming about since I woke up close to 12 pm. I had already had most of the ingredients at home so I figured why not? So below is the result of a lazy Saturday and YouTube courtesy of this All Recipes.com recipe. I originally was suppose to make this one but I forgot to pick up milk since I don't keep the regular milk in my house due to my lactose intolerancy. Yeah FML. Ironically enough Im on a diet going through a lifestyle change and working on being healthier.




Not bad for a first timer, eh?

4 comments: