Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Things I’ve Learned Since Becoming Au Naturale

In honor of my 1 year Naturalversary, June 6th I just wanted to share some of the things I’ve learned since becoming natural.

• Everything aint for everybody
• Shea butter is not my friend
• I LOVED my TWA!
• Don’t compare my growth with others
• My texture is my texture
• OH YEAH! I hate the hair typing system

Products I Stand By (For Now):
  •  HE Hello Hydration
  • Coconut Oil
  • V05’s Herbal Escape Moisturizing Conditioner, Free Me Freesia (the purple bottle and only the purple bottle)
  •  KC’s Knot Today and KCCC
  •  Oyin Handmade’s Whipped Pudding (I LOVE this stuff but the cost is up there too.)
  •  Talia Waaijid Protective Mist Bodifier *I must I admit I haven’t used this in months but it works well. I think I didn’t repurchase bc of price at my local beauty salon and the spray pump was horrible but it leaves or it used to leave my hair very soft. I need to purchase this again.*
 And that’s pretty much it. I haven’t tried Miss Jessie’s mainly because of price and Carol’s Daughter’s was all hype. The products smelled good but didn’t do much excluding the loc butter…I LOVED the loc butter for twists and twists out but its cost double digits for one of the smallest jars you ever did see. Im finding a lot of natural products cost more than products I used when I was relaxed, which has deterred me from purchasing them. I don’t know if I will ever get a perm again but I have to say Im lovin’ the easiness of having natural hair and my natural hair is lovin’ me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment