Saturday, June 5, 2010

From FL to the DMV!

No not the Dept of Motor Vehicles but DC, MD, and VA! =) I've always wanted to stay in another state and country for at least one year of my life (sidenote: I did stay in Philly briefly but it was so long ago and I was so young I can't remember). So since I'm finally done with school, I'm free to move where ever I want. The only problem is figuring out how to get there in a recession and jobs being so limited. The good news is that all of the cities I thought about moving to, have a lower unemployment rate than Florida and my city (which averages lower than the state). I'm not looking forward to the state income tax but I'll get over it and adjust just as all the other Floridians I know have. I just need better opportunities, more cultural surroundings, and more stuff to do...more free stuff which that area offers. Still contemplating and weighing out my options but its either now or never and I'd rather it be now than never. And don't get me wrong I love my homestate, I was born here, raised here, and when I die they better bury me here but I can't be stuck in FL forever and that's how I'm feeling right now stuck. I need a change of scenery and I'm just praying its by January 2011. Anybody have suggestions of applying for jobs out of state?

No comments:

Post a Comment